|First Source Program
The First Source Agreement Program* assures city residents priority for new jobs created by municipal financing and development programs. It mandates that all projects funded in whole or in part with District of Columbia funds, or other funds which the District administers, shall provide for increased employment opportunities for District residents.
Each employer in the program must sign an agreement ensuring that:
- All job openings created are listed with the Department of Employment Services.
- 51 percent of new hires are District residents.
Employers who receive other District government benefits, such as zoning changes and Industrial Revenue Bonds, are also covered.
- Provides employment opportunities for DC residents
- Provides monitoring to ensure that employers are in compliance with the law
- Helps employers hire qualified District residents
- Assists employers in meeting contractual commitments
First Source forms are available here:
Employer of the Month
For more information about the First Source Program please contact:
DC Department of Employment Services
Coordinator, First Source Agreement Program
4058 Minnesota Avenue NE, Suite 3000
Washington, DC 20019
*This document is presented in Portable Document Format (PDF). A PDF reader is required for viewing.
Download a PDF Reader or Learn More About PDFs.